SSRI (Social Survey Research Information Co., LTD.) and SSRI CHINA releases its first China market report – "Type 2 Diabetes Market in China", which covers information such as current patient loads, treatments used and its satisfaction levels, awareness of pre-launched products, sales rep activity, information sources, and future forecast.
This report is based on the findings from an online survey conducted with 200 respondents (half specialists and half non-specialists), from tier 1 and tier 2 cities, practicing in tier 2 and tier 3 hospitals.
Some findings include:
- Diabetologists in China treat on average 324 T2D patients a month.
- Most commonly used 1st line therapy for T2D in China is biguanides.
- Within the OADs, biguanides has the highest satisfaction rate.
- Glucophage (metformin) has the highest usage rate.
- Respondents believe the number of diabetes patients in China will increase 1.4 times in 10 years.
- "Albiglutide" is the most recognized product within products not yet available in China
- Bayer has the highest sales rep visitation rate.
- Sales reps are not evaluated highly as an important information source relating to diabetes.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Chao Xue
Tel: +81 03-3370-3474
Ms. Jane Zhang
Tel: +86 411-3966-9060